Monday, February 17, 2014

In fitness and in health

I turned 30 last week..... 30! I've had to face facts, my once toned teenage dancers body is no more, I've entered another decade and avoiding KFC isn't enough to make me look fit and streamlined on my wedding day.

Queue the wedding diet and a commitment to exercise! While I'm not too concerned about the numbers on the scale right now as I know post jaw-op those will drop dramatically, I am at serious risk of being 'skinny-fat'. Skinny fat is when your a small size clothes but after years on not exercising (3 for me) your are soft all over.

That's where our fitness commitment comes in. We've recently joined the new gym at Inanda Country Club (think quiet countryside, with wandering horses and polo games in the middle of Sandton) and have enlisted the help of our trusty personal trainer to kill the bingo wings, saddle bags and squidgy tummies! Some days I leave pleasantly stiff, letting me know my body has worked hard, other days (particularly leg days) I can't walk afterwards and was asked once (day 2 after a session) what foot operation I'd had.


Next steps

With less than 9 months till we say "I do" we are wrapping up all the big things. Meeting with my wedding dress designer (Kristen Master from Garnish Couture) on Wednesday, finalising music (hoping to get the Rocketeers to play for cocktail hour) and buying favours and decor.

To another week of wobbly legs, stiff arms and happy hearts

The Maczar bride

No comments:

Post a Comment